Affiché il y a 5 jours
Residential Support Worker - Part Time - Contract
Timmins and Area Women in Crisis
Temps partiel • Timmins Région
RESIDENTIAL SUPPORT WORKER
Part Time Contract
Timmins and Area Women in Crisis (TAWC) is a dynamic, community-based feminist organization, which provides services on intimate partner abuse and sexual violence to women and their children in the Timmins area. TAWC works within an integrated feminist, anti-racist, anti-oppression framework. The agency administers a sexual assault centre, emergency shelter as well as second stage housing to abused women and their children.
We are looking for a dynamic woman to join our team in the capacity of Part Time Residential Support Worker at H.E.R. Place Woman’s Shelter.
The ideal candidates will demonstrate the following:
· Post-secondary degree/diploma in a relevant field
· Proven dedication to violence against women work/women’s issues
· Solid understanding of feminist ideology and anti-racism/anti-oppression principles
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Understanding of the social service sector and providing non-profit service to the community
· Demonstrated sound judgment, problem solving, conflict resolution, crisis intervention, advocacy, and mediation skills
· Strong knowledge of Indigenous cultures
· Ability to communicate in Cree and/or Ojibway and/or Oji-Cree dialect is a definite asset
· Must undergo a criminal record check
· Must be able to do lifting/carrying, snow shoveling, light housework
· Must be able to work a variety of shifts including overnights
· Work to create and maintain safe, confidential, non-judgemental living/working conditions within the shelter
· Provide client-centered support/education/crisis intervention for shelter residents and crisis line callers
· Manage challenging situations and difficult behavior
· Provide advocacy/accompaniment, safety planning for shelter clients
· Provide problem solving, conflict resolution, crisis intervention, advocacy and mediation within the shelter
· Link women and their dependents to appropriate community referrals
· Assists in meal preparation and housekeeping;
· Provide administrative support to TAWC programs and services, including maintenance of client files.
· Attend and participate in fundraising and awareness raising ventures
· Additional tasks as it relates to the organization
TAWC has a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that requires individuals to take part in COVID-19 vaccination programs recommended by Public Health, unless they are approved for a medical or human rights accommodation from TAWC. Compliance with this policy is mandatory for this position.
Hours of Work: Shift Work (includes days, evenings, nights and weekends)
Application deadline: June 2, 2023
Please submit your cover letter and resume to: Kim Nadeau – Human Resources Manager Email: email@example.com
Timmins and Area Women in Crisis (TAWC) is committed to fostering a culture of inclusion as well as equity and diversity in its hiring practices. TAWC invites and strongly encourages applications from all qualified women, including women from historically marginalized and/or underserved/underrepresented communities, who may contribute to further diversification of our workforce. This also includes, but is not limited to: women who identify as Indigenous/Black/woman of colour, women living with a disAbility, lesbians, bisexual women and transwomen as well as women with lived experience of mental illness, substance use, trauma, and poverty.
Partager cet emploi:
L'emploi expire: 2023-07-18