Universal Worker, Northview Nursing Home, Englehart, ON
Occasionnel / Temporaire • Temiskaming Shores Région
Full-time, Part-time, Temporary, Contract
At Conmed Health Care Group, we embrace and celebrate the process of aging, by providing quality long term care, that is adapted to each of our unique and special Residents. Our goal is to make each of our Residents feel welcomed, and at home. We encourage and promote living each day to its fullest, with inspiration and opportunities. We provide all levels of care for persons with physical, cognitive, and social disabilities.
We are currently seeking energetic, compassionate, and resident-focused Temporary Universal Workers to join our dynamic care team, at all of our LTC facilities, to offer assistance during the Covid-19 Pandemic. The successful candidates will be committed to assisting with the highest standard of care for our Residents, ensuring that all work environments are kept sanitary at all times, and to assist with any duties, as required.
Available locations include:
Northview Nursing Home, Englehart
Rate of Pay: $16.00 per hour
Temporary Assignment - Up to 75 hours per pay period (Non-Unionized position)
End Date: TBD
Summary of Job Duties:
· Screening of Residents, staff, and visitors, upon entry into the facility, in accordance with Public Health orders.
· Performing housekeeping, cleaning and kitchen/dietary support, in order to assist in maintaining an atmosphere that is conducive to achieving optimal health, welfare and safety conditions, for our Residents and staff.
· Participating in nursing related functions, as directed by supervisory staff, and assists with activities of daily living (ADLs).
· Refer any problems or changes in condition for Residents, to the Registered staff
· Monitoring and overseeing the general health and well-being of our Residents;
· Be alerted to, remedy, and promptly report all actual, or potential, Resident health concerns;
· Responding to emergency situations, as required;
· Ensuring all work environments are kept organized, tidy, and sanitary at all times;
· Working safely, to reduce the risk of injury, or illness, to self, co-workers, and our Residents;
· Practice, and ensure that others follow, good infection control.
· Ensure that all information about Residents, is maintained as confidential, and only necessary information is shared with members of the health care team, as per consent of the Resident.
· Other related duties, as assigned.
Qualification and Experience:
· Successful completion of secondary school, or equivalent, is required
· Previous experience with providing care services, housekeeping, or dietary, is preferred
· Ability to communicate to our senior residents, their families, colleagues, etc., in a friendly and professional manner;
· Demonstrated empathy and understanding of the needs of seniors;
· Able to work under specified time constraints, and in accordance with job routines, while observing applicable policies and procedures, work standards and safety regulations;
· Must be able to anticipate problems, use sound judgment, and tact, in handling confidential matters;
· A criminal records/vulnerable sector attestation, and satisfactory professional references.
· Applicants may be required to pass a TB screening.
· Ability to start immediately
· Please note that all applicants will be required to pass a Covid 19 screening testing in order to be considered.
To apply for a position please submit your resume through Indeed.
Conmed Health Care Group is an equal opportunity employer. We abide by the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require accommodation throughout the application process, please contact us, to outline your requirements.
To learn more about us you can visit www.conmedhealth.com
Reference ID: TUWN
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary, Contract
Salary: $16.00 /hour
- Secondary School (Required)
- English (Required)