Underground Electrician/Alamos Gold Inc. Young-Davidson Mine/Matachewan, ON
Temps plein • Kirkland Lake Région
Alamos Gold Inc. Young-Davidson Mine, located in Matachewan, Ontario, approximately 60 km west of Kirkland Lake is hiring experienced Electricians. More information on Alamos Gold Inc. and the Young-Davidson Mine can be found on our website at www.alamosgold.com
Reporting to the Electrical Supervisor, the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring all electrical equipment and systems are operated and maintained in a safe and effective manner.
- Repair and maintain mine equipment in compliance with workplace safety rules;
- Read, understand and interpret prints;
- Maintain electrical systems underground;
- Install, set up and maintain underground substations and pump stations;
- Inspect equipment for proper performance and determine faults and malfunctions;
- Adjust equipment and repair/replace defective part components; and
- Other duties assigned by the Electrical Supervisor as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Holder of Provincial Electrician Journeyman Trade Certificate License preferred but consideration will be given to 4th and 5th year apprentices;
- Previous experience in trouble shooting electrical equipment and installations;
- Knowledgeable in the interpretation of electrical schematics and prints;
- Previous experience in the installation and maintenance of electrical equipment in mining operations would be an asset;
- Strong safety focus; and
- Self-motivated ability to work alone and in a team environment.
Schedule: 10 Hour rotational shift
Qualified candidates are invited to visit our website, www.alamosgold.com and apply online under the careers’ sections.
We sincerely appreciate the interest of all applicants however; only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.