TEMPORARY FULL-TIME FIELD SUPERVISOR (Public Works Department – Pine Street) (Competition No.: PWE-2021-10)
Occasionnel / Temporaire • Timmins Région
Under the direction of the Public Works Manager, the Field Supervisor is responsible for assisting the Roads Supervisor with organizing and assigning crews for the maintenance of all aspects of road systems, including roads, sidewalks, curbs, ditches, and culverts for all urban and rural roads (all seasons) and to further ensure the quality and quantity of work performed by City employees and contractors.
• Assist in the planning, assigning and organizing of work crews for winter road maintenance, spring drainage, spring clean up and street sweeping, asphalt and sidewalk maintenance, grading and resurfacing of gravel roads
• Direct union labour force and ensure work is in compliance with standard operating procedures and quality control standards
• Administer coaching, counselling or corrective action when necessary
• Maintain records of employee performance and conduct annual performance evaluations in conjunction with the Road Supervisor
• Supervise operations with night shift schedule, weekend on-call schedule and be able to address emergency work after normal working hours; and
• Participate in the investigation of emergency and other calls regarding roads, drainage or sidewalks and carry out authorized remedial action. Assess problem areas and assist in the construction plan for future prevention;
• Conduct daily road patrols and identify hazards and deficiencies as per O. Reg 239, MMS
• Maintain daily work records of crews (including timekeeping), up-to-date records for Ministry reporting (MOE and MOL) and records of contracted equipment and materials
• Participate in the investigation of accidents and incidents
• Ensure compliance with all aspects of the Occupational Health and Safety Act
• Fill in for Roads Supervisor as required
• Two (2) year College diploma in Civil Engineering Technology or a combination of education and experience acceptable to the Employer
• CRS (Certified Roads Supervisor) designation and Certified Technician (C. Tech) designation would be considered an asset
• A minimum of 4 years related experience, as well as demonstrated supervisory/management experience
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, demonstrated ability to deal with the public in an effective and courteous manner and ability to compile various reports
• Proficiency in the use of computers (Microsoft Suite Office)
• Valid driver’s licence with a clear driver’s abstract; and
• Current and clear Criminal Record Check
Salary Level 207: $81,286 – $97,552 (2021)
All applications must be received in the Human Resources Department by 4:00 p.m. on the closing date of April 23, 2021.
BY MAIL: 220 Algonquin Blvd. East Timmins, ON P4N 1B3
VIA FAX: 705-360-2685
VIA EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 705-360-2628 www.timmins.ca
Although we may have your application on file, you must re-apply for this specific competition.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. The City of Timmins is an equal opportunity employer in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code. The City of Timmins will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. Personal information provided is collected under the authority of The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Pour de l’information en français, veuillez appeler le 360-2600, poste 2312.