Tailings Management Superintendent
Temps plein • Timmins Région
Lake Shore Gold is located in Timmins, Ontario.
The Bell Creek Complex, located approximately 20 kilometers northeast of Timmins, Ontario, consists of an underground mine and processing facility.
The milling facility is a conventional free milling gold circuit consisting of crushing, SAG milling, leaching, CIL and CIP, stripping and refining. The mill currently processes up to 232 tonnes per hour and is expected to reach 250 tonnes per hour sometime in 2020.
We are currently recruiting for: Tailings Management Superintendent
In this role the Tailing Management Superintendent will provide direction and guidance for construction scheduling, updating deposition modeling, updating water balance, as well as ensuring all QA/QC and geotechnical programs are maintained.
Location Bell Creek Complex and Timmins West Mine
Rotation: Five (5) day on two (2) day off rotation at the mine sites. Reports to the Mill Manager
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Providing direction and guidance for construction cheduling, updating deposition modeling, updating water balance, as well as ensuring all QA/QC and geotechnical programs are maintained.
- Providing project management for Tailings Storage Facility (TSF) activities; preparing project estimates, budget, schedules and execution plans; preparing and presenting project status reports; maintaining the working relationship with operations management needed to facilitate the coordination and execution of the (TSF) construction.
- Working with the design consultants and Engineer of Record to ensure the TSF is constructed, scheduled and monitored according to the design specifications.
- Working closely with the Mill Operations and Environmental team to develop and execute short and long term construction plans and schedules.
- Contributing technical expertise in tailings construction and operations for the existing operation and for studies of future development potential.
- Providing technical oversight and support of activities - development, maintenance, training, etc. - related to Tailings Management systems to ensure conformance with the Canadian Dam Association (CDA) guidelines and Mining Association of Canada (MAC) guidelines, as part of the Towards Sustainable Mining (TSM) initiative
- Reviewing technical reports from external consultants.
- B.Sc. Engineering or equivalent in Civil or Geotechnical Engineering would be considered an asset
- Minimum 5-8 years of experience in tailings with previous experience with or knowledge of tailings design, construction, operation, monitoring and management.
- Familiarity with CDA and Mining Association of Canada (MAC) guidelines for tailings facility management.
- Experience participating in Dam Safety Inspections and Dam Safety Reviews.
- Registered or eligible to be registered as a P.Eng. in Ontario
- Experience managing / coordinating multi-disciplinary project teams, coordinating construction activities, and carrying out contract administration and management including preparing RFP’s and overseeing work once awarded.
- Excellent computer skills, particularly with depositional and water balance modeling programs (GoldSim, Muk3D), spreadsheets, word processing and presentation applications.
Salary & Benefits
- Medical and Prescription
- Pension/RSP plan
- Basic Life/Accidental Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability Coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Vacation
- Competitive Wages
- Eligible for Mine/Mill Performance Plan Incentives
To express your interest in this position please forward your resume to:
Lake Shore Gold
P.O. Box 1067
We thank all candidates for their interest in Lake Shore Gold; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Lake Shore Gold is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect and we believe that diversity and inclusion among our team members is critical to our success. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and all aspects of employment including the decision to hire or promote will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business requirements.