Gowest Gold Ltd.
Temps plein • Timmins Région
Location: Timmins, ON
Reference No: 2023-012
Position Type: Full-Time
Rate of Pay: Salary, Commensurate with experience and qualifications
ABOUT GOWEST GOLD LTD.
Since 2009, Gowest has expanded its land holdings in the North Timmins Gold Project (“NTGP”) area to cover a total of 109 square km in the Timmins gold camp, with much of the additional lands being located along the same geological structures – the along the largely undeveloped Pipestone Fault, believed to be a splay off the prolific Porcupine-Destor Fault, which has produced the majority of the 145 million ounces of gold produced historically along the Abitibi-Greenstone belt – that host Gowest’s Bradshaw Gold Deposit (formerly Frankfield East) as well as a number of other gold showings.
Gowest Gold currently has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Accountant. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Senior Accountant will be responsible for reporting and interpreting financial data and maintaining internal controls to ensure compliance with Company policy and government regulations.
The successful candidate’s primary responsibilities will include:
- Assist in developing and maintaining internal control policies, ensuring compliance to Canadian legislation and Gowest Gold principles and guidelines;
- In charge of AFE tracking, prepare and maintain all aspects of the general ledger, documents and records;
- Reconcile accounts in a timely manner;
- Research, track and restore accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies;
- Inform management and compile reports/summaries on activity areas;
- Analyzing and reporting cost variances analyses monthly, quarterly and year-end;
- Coordinating or assisting with the budget process;
- Continues development of KPIs, working closely with operation and functional heads;
- Liaising with internal and external auditors when requested;
- Manage and oversee all aspects required for payroll ensuring accuracy in date input;
- Assist accounting personnel ensuring process for date entry is followed;
- Assist in preparing the daily, weekly and monthly financial activities that are required to produce the monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements; and
- Other reasonable related duties as directed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or similar education;
- CPA qualification or working toward designation;
- Minimum 5 years’ accounting experience preferably in the mining industry;
- Computer literacy in Accounting and Payroll Software;
- Strong analytical, technology, communication and organization skills; and
- Innovative and proven ability to work with others;
Please submit your resume in confidence to email@example.com.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Gowest Gold Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect and we believe that diversity and inclusion among our team members is critical to our success. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and all aspects of employment including the decision to hire or promote will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business requirements.
L'emploi expire: 2023-04-02