Production Team Leader (Shift Supervisor) - Georgia-Pacific, Englehart, ON
Temps plein • Temiskaming Shores Région
Georgia-Pacific is seeking a Production Team Leader for our Oriented Strand Board (OSB) manufacturing site in Englehart, Ontario.
The Production Team Leader will lead a team of up to 25 production and maintenance associates in achieving their production, quality, safety and reliability goals. This includes, promoting employee involvement; providing coaching, feedback and direction as required.
Georgia-Pacific (GP) is among the world's leading manufacturers of bath tissue, paper towels, napkins, tableware, paper-based packaging, office papers, cellulose, specialty fibers, nonwoven fabrics, building products and related chemicals.
Our building products business makes DensGlass® gypsum board often seen in commercial construction, DryPly® plywood and RESI-MIX® wood adhesives, among others.
As a Koch Company, we create long-term value using resources efficiently to provide innovative products and solutions that meet the needs of customers and society, while operating in a manner that is environmentally and socially responsible, and economically sound. Headquartered in Atlanta, GA., we employ approximately 35,000 people. For more information, visit www.gp.com.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Facilitating team development and growth, employee skill development, problem-solving and resolution, building employee commitment and ownership, and holding employees accountable.
- Driving safety excellence through promoting employee involvement, ownership and accountability to proactively eliminate hazards.
- Completing all paperwork and analysis in a timely and efficient manner; to monitor product quality and contribute to the overall direction and success.
- Leading a wood products production team to work injury-free/incident free in a continuous manufacturing process.
- Fostering an environment consistent with MBM® management philosophy and framework.
- Supervising and coordination production efforts that drive continuous improvement in all associated work processes affecting EHS, compliance, reliability, quality, production and costs.
- Identifying and executing initiatives that will help drive improvements in competitive position; troubleshooting and resolving production issues, delivering value to the business, and to meet key drivers’ objectives.
- Monitoring product quality and providing direction to crew members to maximize production efficiency; providing safety training to crew members; providing coaching, team development/performance management through MBM® processes; mentoring crew members to enable them to develop their Knowledge/Skills/Abilities for career advancement.
What You Will Need:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2 or more years of supervisory experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment OR demonstrated expertise in a process engineering role
- Experience coaching, counseling and developing employees
- Working knowledge of MS Word (creating, editing, formatting documents, preparing reports) and Excel (creating, modifying spreadsheets, using functions to analyze data)
- Ability to learn and use various PC, software, and cloud-based software systems
- Must be able and willing to work an assigned shift schedule, which may include day, night, weekend and holiday work hours. Shift schedule might change during employment
- Must make working safely the top priority, including wearing and using appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE), and enforcing safe work practices
- Must be able and willing to work in a manufacturing plant environment, including extended periods of time in noisy, non-air conditioned or unheated areas
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Bachelor’s Degree with a preference in a technical or business discipline
- OSB (Oriented Strand Board) manufacturing experience
- Knowledge of general safe work practices
- Demonstrated expertise in analytical and critical thinking as well as proven problem-solving skills
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf