PART-TIME MAINTENANCE PERSON II (Golden Manor Home for the Aged) (Competition No. GM-2022-04)
Temps partiel • Timmins Région
Under the direction of the Facility Services Supervisor, the Maintenance Person II will perform maintenance tasks as directed.
• Receive materials, goods, supplies, & equipment
• Deliver supplies, stocks inventories, maintain stock rooms
• Remove and dispose of garbage and recycling materials from all departments daily
• Snow removal of exit doors, sidewalks, walkways, sanding and salt applications
• Grounds keeping and exterior facility upkeep
• Maintain up to date records of work performed including but not limited to logging water temperatures, departmental inventories and policy and procedure records
• Complete Maintenance work requests (computerized maintenance management system) which include but are not limited to troubleshooting and repairing minor equipment faults, plumbing leaks, minor electrical repairs, lighting lamp replacement
• Required to participate and support the City of Timmins Continuous Improvement Program in order to help foster a culture of operational excellence
• Other duties as assigned
• Grade 12 education or equivalency
• Valid Ontario Driver’s License, Class
• Good physical condition, frequent handling of heavy materials and adverse weather conditions
• Hands-on work experience required;
• Ability to operate grounds keeping equipment safely
• Ability to work independently and in a team
• Able to follow oral and written instructions
• Ability to comply with all infection prevention and control measures for long-term care
• Current WHMIS Certificate
• Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening
• Proof of COVID-19 vaccination mandatory
Salary: $22.01 - $23.40 per hour (2021) In accordance with CUPE Local 1140 Agreement
All applications must be received in the Human Resources Department by 4:00 pm on the closing date of January 21, 2022.
VIA FAX: 705-360-2685
VIA E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 705-360-2628 www.timmins.ca
Although we may have your application on file, you must re-apply for this specific competition.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. The City of Timmins is an equal opportunity employer in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code. The City of Timmins will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. Personal information provided is collected under the authority of The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.