Temps plein • Timmins Région
The Canadian Mental Health Association - Cochrane-Timiskaming Branch (CMHA-CT) is a part of Canada’s longest standing mental health organization. CMHA-CT is a non-profit charitable organization committed to promoting the mental health of everyone and to supporting the resiliency and recovery of those who experience mental illness and addictions through community-based services. CMHA-CT also creates awareness and understanding of mental illness and addictions in our communities through advocacy, education and campaigns.
In keeping with the CMHA Cochrane Timiskaming Branch’s (CMHA-CT) mission and strategic plan, the Nurse Practitioner (NP) provides comprehensive, high-quality and holistic care to individuals living with addictions and mental health concerns, with a strong emphasis on health promotion, education, and disease prevention, while recognizing and respecting the individuality and uniqueness of each client, including their needs, values, beliefs, and choices.
The NP partners with, and complements the services of, other members of the care team for the achievement of a client’s optimal health and advocates for other supports and services to assist the clients in living their optimal quality of life in the community. The Nurse Practitioner works with other allied health professionals in the community to enhance the continuum of services and care to those who rely on us for help.
- Certification and a member in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO) as RN (Extended Class);
- Member of the Nurse Practitioners Association of Ontario (NPAO) or Registered Nurses Association of - Minimum three years’ experience working as a primary care NP with clients having complex needs and experiencing barriers to accessing other healthcare services;
- Possess a “Prescribing Narcotics and Controlled Substances” certificate endorsed by the CNO;
- Knowledge and experience with all stages of substance abuse from intoxication through withdrawal, and maintenance for all commonly abused substances (alcohol, opioids, nicotine, marijuana, and cocaine);
- Certificate and experience in Suboxone prescribing;
- Methadone course or eligibility to complete;
- Advanced clinical judgment and comprehensive skills in triage, assessment, examination, and treatment, with the ability to effectively adapt to changing circumstances;
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills including strong clinical judgment and problem-solving skills;
- A valid driver’s license and the use of a reliable vehicle for work purposes;
- The ability to communicate proficiently in both French and English at an advanced level is required;
- We welcome applications from candidates of all diverse backgrounds and look forward to welcoming you into our inclusive and respectful work environment.
This is a permanent full-time unionized position in Timmins.
We offer a comprehensive compensation program and the opportunity to work alongside a team of energetic and passionate employees who are committed to improving the lives of those who rely on us for support.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume focused on personal achievements relevant to the position to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more about the Canadian Mental Health Association – Cochrane Timiskaming Branch
and the important work we do, visit us at www.cmhact.ca.
Please advise Human Resources if you will require accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code or the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act in order to properly participate. We would be pleased to assist you.