Mobile & Lab Patient Technician - Regular Part-Time, Timmins, ON
Temps partiel • Timmins Région
LifeLabs Medical Laboratory Services is seeking a responsible and patient-oriented individual to join our team in Timmins, Ontario. This is a dual role with the primary focus being an MLPT role and having some hours in the PSC when needed.
This is a DUAL role, primary role as Mobile Lab Patient Technician and Secondary role as Lab Patient Technician. Guaranteed hours between 20-37.5/hrs plus benefits.
**Please note the booster shot is a requirement for our mobile role**
Our Mobile Lab Patient Technicians play an important part in on-site patient care in locations including private homes, commercial facilities, retirement homes, and long-term care facilities. This is an active and rewarding role that will let you build relationships with patients and see the difference that you make in their lives and healthcare outcomes.
In the Mobile Lab Patient Technician role, you will:
- Organizing a daily schedule of visits to facilities and private residences to collect specimens as per physicians’ requests, planning your route according to courier times, specimen integrity, and required travel time.
- Performing phlebotomies, connecting/disconnecting Holter monitors, and performing ECG tracings.
- Collecting and delivering specimens to designated labs for testing.
- Accession, spin, separate and prepare for transport to reference lab as required.
- Booking patient appointments, requesting required information from patients, explaining the specimen collection process, and ensuring patients have followed necessary test protocol prior to specimen collection.
- Liaising with doctors, facility staff, and CCAC staff regarding patient problems, changes in scheduling, specimen collection procedures, and other matters.
This is a Part Time regular role suitable for an individual seeking flexible shifts and the ability to maintain a good work/life balance. Must have own vehicle and a valid driver’s license. Vulnerable Sector Check will be done.
In the Lab Patient Technician role, you will:
- Greet and request required information from patients, explain the specimen collection process, and ensure patients have followed necessary test protocol prior to specimen collection.
- Perform phlebotomies, connect/disconnect Holter monitors, and perform ECG tracings.
- Phlebotomy experience is an asset however we are willing to train the right candidate
- Perform special test collections, such as medical/legal drug screens, paternity tests, and clinical trials, and complete related documentation.
- Maintain client relationships, including responding to inquiries and following up on requests.
- Complete data entry of required patient demographics, requisition information, and other information related to processing test results.
- Prepare specimens for transportation and testing.
The right person for this role will be focused on great customer/patient service and be able to relate to patients and clients even in stressful situations. Some key qualities include empathy, flexibility, adaptability to change, and problem-solving skills. Other requirements include
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good computer skills with a minimum typing speed of 40 wpm.
- Ability to maintain the strictest standards of patient privacy and confidentiality.
Are You a Good Fit?
At LifeLabs, great employees are at the heart of everything we do. That is why LifeLabs provides more than just competitive compensation and benefits – our employees receive coaching and training in an environment that fosters open communication, a uniform and shoe allowance, and opportunities for advancement and changes in career direction.
Does this sound like the job for you? We would love to discuss your qualifications. Apply online today!
L'emploi expire: 2023-07-26