Maintenance Supervisor - Electra Battery Materials (Full-Time)
Temps plein • Temiskaming Shores Région
MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR – COBALT REFINERY
Location: Cobalt Refinery, Cobalt, Ontario
Reference No: 2021-005
Position Type: Full-Time
Rate of Pay: Salary, Commensurate with experience and qualifications
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Based at the Cobalt Refinery in Cobalt, Ontario, we currently have an exciting opportunity for a Maintenance Supervisor to be a part of our Owner’s Project Team.
First Cobalt owns North America’s only permitted cobalt refinery located in Cobalt, ON on Silver Centre Road. The company is currently advancing its plan to recommission and expand the Refinery to produce battery-grade cobalt sulfate for the North American and European electric vehicle market. Our updated feasibility study estimates production of 25,000 tonnes of cobalt sulfate per year at a capital cost of US$60M (CDN$80M). Our recently completed Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) demonstrated our strong Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) mandate, with projected carbon emissions that are 50% lower than our benchmarked peer refiners.
This role covers two main phases of work at the Cobalt Refinery in Cobalt, Ontario. The first being the representative on site during the construction and recommissioning of the expanded refinery while the latter is post recommissioning and managing all maintenance activities during operation of the plant.
1. During construction and recommissioning of the refinery main tasks and responsibilities are:
• Be the main site contact for recommissioning the refinery feed system of cobalt hydroxide feed, this includes conveyors, chutes, ball mill, storage tanks and other mechanical and control associated equipment;
• Research and propose to management maintenance system software, work with the Site Services Superintendent to implement;
• Be assigned various mechanical projects as directed by the Site Services Superintendent;
• Work with the Engineering Procurement and Construction engineering (EPCM) contractor to
co-ordinate field execution of projects assigned; and
• Other duties as assigned by the Site Services Superintendent.
2. During the operation of the plant main tasks and responsibilities are:
• Take responsibility of supervising maintenance crews, this includes trades people associated with maintaining the area assigned;
• Provide oversight for the health and safety of the manner in which the trades conduct their work;
• Work with Production Supervisor to co-ordinate equipment downtime while ensuring the necessary on-line time is met to hit production goals safely; and www.ElectraBMC.com
• Other duties as assigned by the Site Services Superintendent. QUALIFICATIONS
• Mechanical or Electrical Engineer with supervision experience or certified tradesman with supervision experience;
• A minimum of 5 years of industrial maintenance/operations experience – ideally leading skilled tradesmen of various disciplines.
• Mature and detailed understanding of Health & Safety leadership, culture, systems and management. • Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Leadership experience and ability to coach, mentor, and develop people.
WHY JOIN ELECTRA BATTERY MATERIALS?
Together, we will power a better path forward. Be a part of a fast-growing team, as we succeed in becoming North America’s first integrated battery materials park, providing battery grade materials for the electric vehicle revolution. Our success is contingent on the hard work and dedication of our people. Electra Battery Materials rewards team members through:
• Recognition and results-driven compensation
• Training and development opportunities
• Health and wellbeing
• Ongoing communication and two-way feedback
If you are a passionate, committed, and dynamic individual, please submit your resume in confidence to careers@ElectraBMC.com. Please note that only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Electra Battery Materials is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect and we believe that diversity and inclusion among our team members is critical to our success. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and decisions to hire or promote will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business requirements.
To apply: https://electrabmc.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/Electra-Maintenance-Supervisor-June-11-2021.pdf