Internship, Broadband Development Coordinator
Contractuel • Timmins Région
Job Description - Overview
1-year, contract position. The Broadband Development Coordinator will work with regional partners; liaise with the government and private sector; develop community and business contacts to identify and develop technology infrastructure projects to increase the broadband capacity and adoption of Information Communications Technology (ICT).
The individual will work community partners, government funders and Internet service providers (ISPs) to identify priority areas that are unserved and under served by broadband infrastructure, develop community evidence and assist communities in building the awareness and adoption of technology, as well as assist with the identification of technological needs of communities. Expected outcomes associated with the role include:
- increase community mobilization to identify and prioritize viable economic opportunities through enhanced broadband infrastructure;
- Strengthen community economic competitiveness opportunities through implementation of identified technology-related priorities;
- Enhanced collaboration among stakeholders to achieve shared regional economic development goals.
University or college graduate who has graduated within the last three years from an accredited college or university. The candidate must be a graduate of a post-secondary degree or diploma program. The position will be a first full-time employment in the candidate’s field of study.
- Work with other community partners to promote broadband infrastructure projects and the adoption ICT initiatives
- Identify and prioritize viable opportunities related to enhancing broadband infrastructure
- Work to identify potential partners/collaborators for projects related to enhancing broadband infrastructure
- Provide general technology education and guidance
- Facilitate awareness and training for stakeholders through presentations
- Advise on ICT solutions
- Liaise with other funding organizations Conduct surveys and reports on progress
- Maintain metrics in order to prepare, review and analyze progress
Research and Awareness
- Research and report on technology implementation in the region
- Research, select and prepare the delivery of community presentations
- Generate enthusiasm and interest within the stakeholder communities regarding the advantages of broadband infrastructure
- Promote telecom and IT initiatives within the region to stakeholders
- Analyze trends in ICT as well as assist in assessments
- Monitor ICT regulatory processes in Canada and provincially
Other Duties as Required
- Provide assistance or support to NEOnet staff as required
Education and Training
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, business, or marketing
- Familiarity in project management and telecommunications
- Confidence in public speaking and presentation skills
Knowledge & Experience
Demonstrated time management and
Ability to plan, manage and direct activities
Superior interpersonal and written communications skills (work plans, reports (Internal and external stakeholders), website and social media posts)
Understanding of and ability to apply project management principles
Experience in gathering, analyzing metrics, and meeting project requirements.
Excellent knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite of Applications
Proficiency, spoken and written, in both official languages is an asset
Valid Driver’s License
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Highly motivated and self-directed with attention to detail, good analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Working hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. with a one-hour lunch break
- The position requires that the Diversification and Membership Coordinator spend prolonged periods of time seated at a desk, using a computer
- The position reports to the Director of Operations
- Travel through the region may be required
- Work from home accommodations may be required during the COVID-19 pandemic
This is a contract position for a period
of 1 year with competitive salary and benefits.
Friday, August 14,
2020, 5:00 pm
Please Submit Application in PDF format to: HR@neonet.on.ca
Attention: Paul Ouimette, Director of Operations
We thank all applicants and wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
** This Opportunity is Proudly Supporte by NOHFC, An Agency of the Government of Ontario **