International Liaison Support Coordinator - Northern College, Timmins, Kirkland Lake, or Haileybury, ON
Temps plein • Temiskaming Shores Région
POSITION TITLE: International Liaison Support Coordinator
STATUS: Full Time - Leave Replacement (Appendix D)
CLASSIFICATION: Support Staff, Payband F
EFFECTIVE DATE: Immediately - April 30th, 2022
SALARY: $27.93/hr to $32.38/hr (35 hrs/week)
CAMPUS: Timmins, Kirkland Lake, Moosonee, or Haileybury
STARTING SALARY: $ 27.93/hr
CLOSING DATE: January 21st, 2022
DIVISION: International Operations
COMPETITION #: 22-03
At Northern College, we’re driven by our commitment to the ongoing success and development of our students, our communities and our staff. A career with Northern College can provide you with meaningful opportunities for your professional growth, and we’re confident that our friendly, collaborative workplace culture will contribute to your personal growth as well.
In addition, to a rewarding career, some of the other benefits offered to eligible full-time employees of Northern College include competitive salaries, a defined-benefit pension plan, a comprehensive benefits package, access to our athletics facilities and a wellness program.
Reporting to the Manager of International Operations, the successful incumbent will coordinate and develop effective tracking systems, and liaise with both internal and external partners for all aspects of International activities at Northern College including off-shore, mid-shore, on-site students (international), and student exchange activities. The successful incumbent will:
- Work closely with the finance team with processing back transfers including the reconciliation with student records, reconciliation with CSER reports with municipal tax grants, and International Student Recovery;
- Liaise between the International Office, Finance Department, Institutional Research, Registrar's Office and Academic departments, and to outside international partners and agents to ensure effective and coordinated service;
- Develop and implement spreadsheets for reporting and tracking purposes; and
- Collect, organize, track and report information required for international reports in regards to enrolment stats/projections for Finance, data collection/submission for enrolment and grades for International, Registrar, and Academic Offices.
A detailed job description for this position is available from the Human Resource Services department.
The incumbent will possess the following qualifications:
- Two (2) year Diploma in Office Administration, Business, Accounting, International Business Management or Marketing;
- Minimum of three (3) years of practical experience in accounting, data management, international relations, and Management Information Systems (MIS);
- In-depth knowledge/work history in the college education system or similar system is preferred;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Highly organized with the ability to multitask and work independently; and
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel as well as a Management Information System (MIS).
A combination of relevant education and experience may be considered for internal applicants.
The incumbent may be required to provide a criminal reference check.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please visit the Northern College website at: www.northernc.on.ca and click on the Careers at Northern link to apply through our online job application system.
Northern College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the interview coordinator of accommodation measures you may require during our selection process. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Northern College values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Northern College, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
Preference will be given to qualified full-time employees within the bargaining unit at Northern College. Should a suitable candidate not be found, external candidates will be considered.