Heavy Equipment Mechanic Apprentice
Temps plein • Timmins Région
Lake Shore Gold is located in Timmins, Ontario.
The Bell Creek Complex, located approximately 20 kilometers northeast of Timmins, Ontario, consists of an underground mine and processing facility. Mineralization is associated with the Porcupine-Destor fault system within the Abitibi greenstone belt, with ore mined by narrow vein longhole stoping methods. Ore is then transported to surface via a newly commissioned one thousand eighty metre deep shaft at a mining rate of twenty five hundred tonnes per day.
The Timmins West mine is located approximately 18 kilometres west of Timmins, Ontario, one of the world’s most prolific gold camps. Mineralization is associated with the Porcupine-Destor fault system within the Abitibi greenstone belt. The Timmins West mine is comprised of the Timmins deposit, the Thunder Creek deposit, and the 144 Gap deposit. All three deposits are interconnected by underground drifts.
We are currently recruiting for: Heavy Equipment Mechanic Apprentice
In this position, you will safely and efficiently perform maintenance activities to preserve the condition of the mobile heavy equipment fleet in all areas of the mine: troubleshooting, cleaning, lubricating, adjusting, inspecting, repairing, component replacement & rebuild, welding, fabrication and low voltage electrical repairs of heavy equipment.
This position is part of an apprenticeship training program supervised by a Lead Mechanic, consisting of underground common core, working on the beat, and surface and underground shop mechanical maintenance.
Salary & Benefits
- Competitive Wages
- Medical and Prescription Benefits
- Dental Plan
- Vision Coverage
- Company Paid Pension Plan
- Basic Life/Accidental Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability Coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Vacation
- Mine/Mill Performance Plan Incentives
Bell Creek Mine/Timmins West Mine
554 rotation, 10 hour shifts
- Completed theoretical/in school Heavy Duty Equipment Technician Levels 2-3.
- Working towards gaining Red Seal Mechanical Certification
- Experience in an industrial setting is considered an asset
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Experience in a mining environment and welding certification are considered assets
- Basic UG Hard Rock Common Core
- Practice good housekeeping
- Be committed to safety
- Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada
To express your interest in this position please forward your resume to:
Lake Shore Gold
P.O. Box 1067
Lake Shore Gold is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect and we believe that diversity and inclusion among our team members is critical to our success. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and all aspects of employment including the decision to hire or promote will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business requirements.