FULL-TIME PAYROLL ASSISTANT (Financial Services Department) (Competition No.: FIN-2022-09)
Temps plein • Timmins Région
• Reporting to the Chief Accountant, assists in accurate and timely administration of all payroll functions in a multi-union environment.
• Ensure that all remittance payments are made on time and balanced accordingly.
• Ensure that all changes to employee masters are accurate.
• Issue Records of Employment as required.
• In the absence of the Payroll Supervisor assumes the duties of Payroll Supervisor.
• Participate in and support the City’s Continuous Improvement Program (CIP), by identifying opportunities for improvements in City processes with the aim of making processes as efficient as possible.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• 2-year Community College Diploma in Business Administration and completion or near completion of level 1 of Canadian Payroll Association (PCP) course of study or a combination of education and experience acceptable to the Employer.
• A team player with strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Respect for payroll confidentiality is essential.
• Two years experience in payroll.
• Working knowledge of various federal and provincial acts and regulations pertaining to payroll operations.
• Demonstrated ability in bookkeeping, computer, including Microsoft Excel and Word software and other office equipment required.
• Good working knowledge of iCity Payroll module is an asset.
• Working knowledge of INFO-HR, Laserfiche and ROE Web are definite assets.
• Deadline oriented, strong analytical and time management skills, excellent organizational skills with a close attention to detail and accuracy.
• Clear and current Criminal Record Check required.
• Proof of COVID-19 vaccination mandatory.
SALARY LEVEL 7: $29.37 - $34.55 (2022) In accordance with CUPE Local 434 Agreement.
All applications must be received in the Human Resources Department by 4:00 pm the closing date of December 2, 2022.
VIA E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
VIA FAX: 705-360-2685
Phone: 705-360-2628 www.timmins.ca
Although we may have your application on file, you must re-apply for this specific competition.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. The City of Timmins is an equal opportunity employer in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code. The City of Timmins will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. Personal information provided is collected under the authority of The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.