Timmins and Area Women in Crisis
Temps plein • Timmins Région
This is a 12 month contract.
Timmins and Area Women in Crisis (TAWC) is a dynamic, community-based feminist organization, which provides services on intimate partner abuse and sexual violence to women and their children in the Timmins area. TAWC works within an integrated feminist, anti-racist, anti-oppression framework. The agency administers a sexual assault centre, an emergency shelter as well as second stage housing to abused women and their children.
We are looking for a dynamic and highly motivated woman to join our team in the capacity of full-time Financial Administrator. The Financial Administrator is responsible to the Executive Director for the oversight of the financial components within the sexual assault centre, emergency shelter and second stage housing.
The ideal candidates will demonstrate the following:
· 2-Year Diploma in Business/Business Accounting
· Minimum 5 Years Relevant Experience
· Experience in the government funded not-for-profit sector
· Demonstrated Experience with accounting programs such as Sage or QuickBooks
· Demonstrated advance proficiency in Microsoft Office
· Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
· Very strong written and verbal communication skills
· Sound judgment, problem solving and organizational skills
· An understanding of violence against women work/women’s issues
· Must undergo a criminal record check
· Develop and maintain timely and accurate financial reports in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
· Ensure compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and procedures
· Document and maintain complete and accurate supporting information for all financial transactions
· Ensure that accurate and timely financial statements are prepared in accordance with contract agreements with funders
· Maintain financial accounting systems for cash management, accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit control, bank reconciliations, general journal entries, month end adjustment, banking and petty cash
· Submit all financial information, reports, and records as requested or required by law to appropriate government officials and funders
the administration of Benefit Plans
· Provide administrative support services to the Executive Director
· Scanning, distribution and filling of electronic and manual documents
· Draft and prepare correspondences (e.g. letters, dictation, acknowledgements); proofread and respond to difficult inquiries
· Processing of Records of Employment
· Update and ensure the accuracy of the agency’s databases
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week
Application deadline: until the position has been filled
Timmins and Area Women in Crisis is committed to diversity in its hiring practices. Members of marginalized groups are encouraged to self-identify on their applications.
Applicants must indicate the position for which they are applying.
Please forward your cover letter and resume as a single PDF file to the attention of:
Julie DeMarchi – Executive Director
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
L'emploi expire: 2023-04-28