Chief Mine Geologist
Gowest Gold Ltd.
Temps plein • Timmins Région
Location: Timmins, ON
Reference No: 2023-005
Position Type: Full-Time
Rate of Pay: Salary, Commensurate with experience and qualifications
ABOUT GOWEST GOLD LTD.
Since 2009, Gowest has expanded its land holdings in the North Timmins Gold Project (“NTGP”) area to cover a total of 109 square km in the Timmins gold camp, with much of the additional lands being located along the same geological structures – the along the largely undeveloped Pipestone Fault, believed to be a splay off the prolific Porcupine-Destor Fault, which has produced the majority of the 145 million ounces of gold produced historically along the Abitibi-Greenstone belt – that host Gowest’s Bradshaw Gold Deposit (formerly Frankfield East) as well as a number of other gold showings.
Gowest Gold currently has an exciting opportunity for a Chief Mine Geologist. The Chief Mine Geologist will be responsible for resource development and the day-to-day management of underground geology. This position is accountable to the Mining Manager to ensure that the scope of work executed by his/her crew is achieved safely and in accordance with the approved plan and schedules.
The successful candidate’s primary responsibilities will include:
- Manage the geology department for the Mine;
- Oversight of a team of geologists and technicians, responsible for managing the mine site drill rigs, core logging, QA/QC, etc.;
- Oversight of a team of production geologists, who sample drifts and stopes to control grade and dilution, and responsible for production grade reconciliations;
- Manage all data related to underground resources, with the assistance of a data manager;
- Oversee infill and definition drilling programs as the resource is developed, both from surface and underground;
- On-going resource interpretation and modelling is required as a deliverable to update our understanding of the resource and provide input to the mining group;
- Building a team with both existing staff and new hires;
- Development of daily, weekly, and monthly reports to be provided to executive management to monitor underground geology and reconciliations;
- Identify and prioritize areas where improvement initiatives should be carried out and fulfills requirements for improvement projects as required;
- Ensures above all that targeted safety performance objectives and the site Safety Strategy program are met in his/her area by leading personal accountability for health and safety and engaging employees;
- Ensures employees in his/her area are appropriately trained, understand obligations and are capable of performing required functions;
- Works effectively with the site JH&SC showing a high level of ethics and respect at all times;
- Ensures that the employees under his/her supervision deal effectively with non-standard conditions and attain compliance with the O.H.S.A., all site operating procedures and mine standards;
- Ensures all Environmental and Occupational Health and Hygiene obligations are understood and met in his/her accountability area; and
- Other reasonable related duties as directed.
- A Bachelor’s degree in geology or equivalent;
- Minimum ten years of experience in the mining industry;
- Prior narrow vein underground experience is an asset;
- Expertise in open-pit geology techniques and best practices for gold mining;
- A proven track record of successfully developing and leading a team within the mining industry;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong coordination and team building skills; and
- Excellent computer skills, and knowledge of relevant geological software and programs.
Please submit your resume in confidence to email@example.com.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Gowest Gold Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect and we believe that diversity and inclusion among our team members is critical to our success. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and all aspects of employment including the decision to hire or promote will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business requirements.
L'emploi expire: 2023-04-01