21-80 General Maintenance Worker (Grounds)
Temps plein • Timmins Région
POSITION TITLE: 21-80 General Maintenance Worker (Grounds)
STATUS: Full Time
CLASSIFICATION: Support Staff, Payband E
EFFECTIVE DATE: Immediately
SALARY: $25.89/hr to $30.01/hr (40 hrs/week)
STARTING SALARY: $ 25.89/hr
CLOSING DATE: January 21st, 2022
DIVISION: Plant and Property
COMPETITION #: 21-80
At Northern College, we’re driven by our commitment to the ongoing success and development of our students, our communities and our staff. A career with Northern College can provide you with meaningful opportunities for your professional growth, and we’re confident that our friendly, collaborative workplace culture will contribute to your personal growth as well.
In addition, to a rewarding career, some of the other benefits offered to eligible full-time employees of Northern College include competitive salaries, a defined-benefit pension plan, a comprehensive benefits package, access to our athletics facilities and a wellness program.
Reporting to the Manager of Plant and Property, the incumbent in this position performs semi-skilled and skilled work in tasks usually associated with one or more of the skilled trades. The successful incumbent will:
- Ensure that health and safety and quality standards be met in operation and control of grounds and grounds equipment, and building systems/equipment;
- Ensure that repairs/maintenance, and services be completed in a timely manner to ensure the safety of staff and students;
- Safely operate equipment such as snow blowers, lawnmowers and tractor;
- Maintain an annual grounds keeping plan and schedule;
- Snow removal, and sanding; and
- Maintaining parking meter equipment.
A detailed job description for this position is available from the Human Resource Services department.
The incumbent will possess the following qualifications:
- 1-year Certificate or equivalent or greater in a related field of study;
- Minimum two years of practical experience in large building maintenance with the ability to operate hand and power tools associated with maintenance and repair to buildings and operating grounds equipment;
- A valid ‘G’ driver’s licence is required;
- Carpentry, plumbing and welding skills;
- Troubleshooting skills;
- A Small Engine Repair Certificate would be considered and asset;
- Certification in First Aid/ CPR / AED and WHIMIS would be considered an asset;
- Working at Heights/Fall Protection and Elevated Work Platform training would be considered assets;
A combination of relevant education and experience may be considered for internal applicants.
The incumbent may be required to provide a criminal reference check.
HOW TO APPLY: Please visit the Northern College website at: www.northernc.on.ca and click on the Careers at Northern link to apply through our online job application system.
Northern College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the interview coordinator of accommodation measures you may require during our selection process. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Northern College values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Northern College, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
Preference will be given to qualified full-time employees within the bargaining unit at Northern College. Should a suitable candidate not be found, external candidates will be considered.