2021-033 Fire Keeper Patrol Worker (4)
Contractuel • Timmins Région
POSITION: Fire Keeper Patrol Worker (8)
COMPETITION #: 2021-033
LOCATION: Timmins, ON
DURATION: Fixed Term Contract ending March 31, 2022
CLOSING DATE: October 26, 2021 @ 4:00 PM
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Reporting to the Fire Keeper Patrol Coordinator, the Fire Keeper Patrol Worker is responsible for providing culturally appropriate crisis counselling and case management services. The incumbent will be focused on supporting urban Indigenous members experiencing homelessness, substance abuse/addiction, and mental health issues. The Fire Keeper Patrol Worker will create linkages to necessary external and internal supports and programs. The incumbent will ensure all services are trauma-informed, based on a harm reduction model and culturally responsive to produce positive outcomes for members. The Fire Keeper Patrol Worker will work as a team to support the urban mobile outreach program: Fire Keeper Patrol. The position works collaboratively with community service providers, and volunteers.
• A post-secondary in Social Work, Psychology, or relevant mental health care field an asset.
• Experience working with at risk Indigenous members.
• Crisis Intervention and or Case Management experience.
• Knowledgeable in areas of trauma, family violence, abuse, addictions, crisis, residential schools and intergenerational issues.
• Ability to work with high risk, difficult to reach population.
• Ability to manage challenging situations and difficult behaviour.
• Demonstrated knowledge, sensitivity and awareness of the history, culture, and unique needs of urban Indigenous people.
• Experience in coordinating events and programs is an asset.
• Knowledge of Indigenous and non-Indigenous community resources and related services
• A self-starter who is reliable and takes initiative.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and computer skills
• Excellent time management skills, ability to multi-task and prioritize.
• Flexibility and ability to easily adapt to changing environments.
• Capable of exercising independent judgment in planning and implementation of daily activities.
• Strong organizational and communication (written and verbal) skills required.
• Proficiency with computer software including EMR databases.
• Current First Aid and CPR Certification is required
• Must provide CPIC with Vulnerable Sector Screening and possess a valid Driver’s License.
• Ability to be flexible and workdays, evenings, and weekends and able to travel as required.
• Ability to speak in one of the Mushkegowuk Cree dialects, and/or Objiway dialects
Job Description available upon request
SUBMIT RESUME AND THREE (3) RECENT WORK REFERENCES with their phone numbers and e-mails, quoting Competition# 2021-033 no later than 4:00 PM on October 26, 2021 to:
Human Resources Departmen
P.O. Box 370
Moose Factory, ON P0L 1W0
Resumes can be emailed to: email@example.com or faxed to 705-658-2293